- You should mow as often as you can during the growing season or when you are watering properly. If the lawn has gone dormant because of heat and drought you should refrain from mowing. Mowing when the grass is already feeling stress will only weaken the plant more inviting disease. ⇧Return To Top
- Mornings are the best time to mow after the dew has evaporated. By mowing early the lawn has enough time to adjust to the trauma before the heat of day arrives. Also mowing early allows you to also enjoy the milder temperature before the sun heats up. ⇧Return To Top
- I haven't found any benefit to your lawn by mowing it. Cutting the grass only weakens it. The grass never grows to its proper height We remove its seed head so that it can never replenish itself. The only benefit is to us in that our lawn looks manicured and we get some much needed exercise.⇧Return To Top
- Mowing over a newly seeded lawn can be problematic. If a bagger is used to remove the clippings some seed maybe picked up. However if the new seed has been properly watered in and it has been a few days from seeding then the mower will not be able to lift the heavy water soaked seed. And seed that has been properly watered will germinate quickly attaching itself to the soil and hold on tight.⇧Return To Top
- Lawn clippings from mowing regularly with a mulching mower will not hurt your lawn - In fact this can be very beneficial. But leaving lawn clippings that are long and wet that clump up and smother the lawn will kill it in weeks. If the clippings are also so numerous that they block out water and air from penetrating the soil the plant will develop a layer of thatch as it grows more surface roots.⇧Return To Top
- Yes. Snakes hate mowers. They slither away from them as fast as they can. Keeping your grass mowed leaves them little to hide in. Mowing keeps out their prey: rodents, bugs, and rabbits. ⇧Return To Top
- Mow every chance you get when the grass is growing. That way you can recycle the clippings into the lawn. By cutting frequently your lawn will always look manicured and you will get plenty of exercise.
- If you would rather we get the exercise please call us at 301 980-9005 for an Estimate. Seneca gardens a mowing company serving Gaithersburg, Germantown, Boyds, Clarksburg, Rockville, Potomac, and Bethesda.
- ⇧Return To Top
- Return to Services
What is the proper height at which to mow?
What is a good time of day for mowing?
How does mowing help your lawn?
Does the mower pick up new seed?
When is leaving grass clippings from mowing bad?
Will mowing keep out snakes?
How often should you mow?
We Service:Gaithersburg, Germantown, Boyds, Clarksburg, Rockville, North Potomac, Potomac, Bethesda, Chevy Chase and surrounding neighborhoods.
Select Map For Larger Image